 Off-Topic / Fun / 5640
Re: What was the longest thread on Lugnet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:55:27 GMT

Erin Windross wrote:
Do you know? (Hey I'm bored, this is just a useless-busywork-so-you-can-think-
better-in-your-life-question-that-is-still-pretty-useless question!)

I have some trepidation in responding to this, since there's the chance
someone will want to try to top the record for the sake of topping the record
-- but this info is pretty easy to find anyhow.

The typical "long thread" seems to peter out after around 200 messages or so,
but a few have been true monsters.  Here's the ones I remember directly,
though I'm sure that there have been bigger (except for the one I started.
;-)

Mormon bashing again, 570 messages:
http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=4318

What happened?, 434 messages:
http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=1177

Age limitations, 307 messages:
http://www.lugnet.com/org/us/?n=420

New Web Page, 298 messages:
http://www.lugnet.com/build/?n=1399

Conversaion with a LEGO rep, 277 messages:
http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=6830

Introducing Lego Direct, 220 messages:
http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=11596

Heartache and overloaded browser (and server) troubles aside, these have all
been fine discussions, raising some ugly (in a good way) issues and helping
set some good and useful LUGNET policies from time to time.

Now let's get back to discussing Lego, eh?  Okay, fine, after you read 2100+
messages.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

If he's the One, I want to see the TWO!