 Off-Topic / Fun / 5316
Re: vegetarians (was Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:04:50 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
Yes!  That's it.  That place rocked!  Actually that whole neighborhood was
cool.  Kind of like Clark and Belmont in Chicago...maybe all cities have a
place like that.

I'm pretty sure that my buddy Beth had a cake, it might have been the Chocolate
and PB cake.  I'm not a big desert hound... A nice sorbet is usually my choice
when possible.

deserts are where it's at for me currently.  my latest success was fake chocolate
cheesecake that fooled some non-vegetarians.  I also have this crazy dream of
opening a diner(stainless steel and all) that serves typically diner food but
all of if entirely vegan.  i already managed grilled cheeze, hot open-faced
tofurkey sandwiches, scrambled eggs, various cakes and pies, and sloppy joes.
it's just a dream though..

Is that technically vegan?

yes and no- depends who you ask.

Gosh, my crowd in high school was predominantly the 'punk' flavor of misfit.
I'm vaguely familiar with both of those groups.  Does Fugazi still exist?

Yes, 15 or so years now.

-chris