 Off-Topic / Fun / 5313
Re: vegetarians (was Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 05:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher Tracey writes:
Christopher Weeks wrote:

Ah... the venerable 'Food for Thought' on 1738 Connecticut Avenue
in Dupont Circle.

Yes!  That's it.  That place rocked!  Actually that whole neighborhood was
cool.  Kind of like Clark and Belmont in Chicago...maybe all cities have a
place like that.

Sadly, ...Food for Thought couldn't afford to stay there

:-(

I used to eat like a pig whenever I went there also... Did you have
the tofu stir fry with tahini sauce?

That sounds likely, but I just don't remember.

I'm pretty sure that my buddy Beth had a cake, it might have been the Chocolate
and PB cake.  I'm not a big desert hound... A nice sorbet is usually my choice
when possible.

i even eat honey nowadays.

Is that technically vegan?  I love honey...bee vomit as a vegetarian
ex roommate called it.  I little honey on a slab of hard Jewish rye is just
awsome.

3- early eighties punk band.  some members are now in the more
  famous band, Fugazi.

Gosh, my crowd in high school was predominantly the 'punk' flavor of misfit.
I'm vaguely familiar with both of those groups.  Does Fugazi still exist?  That
wouldn't have been my first guess.

later,

Chris