 Off-Topic / Fun / 4997
  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) I was at the pub yesterday - it was nice and cold. (...) What's a Lucas Refrigerator anyway? I thought Lucas made car batteries. (...) I don't get it. Carbon 60 (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Actually what you call beer, we call Lager (fizzy stuff for little boys who usually drink shandy) and what we call 'real ale' beer is a dark coluor with an 'aquired taste' Developed with Lucas refridgerators in mind, it's usually drunk just (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Nope. Ping me in a week, it's rather a long one... oh heck. Seems that Lucas used to be in the defense electronics business. And one year, the Royal Navy let a bid for a new guided torpedo. This torpedo was to be smart, knowing where it was, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jonathan Reynolds writes: . (...) The reason Americans drink their beer iced cold is to numb the taste buds so they don't have to taste it. Most American (and Canadian) beers are lagers, but have so many "adjuncts" such as (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Actually, you are dead on-topic (in off-topic;) -John (who doesn't like to drink his beer with a fork;) (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)