 Off-Topic / Fun / 5000
Re: Stupid question about steam engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 18:32:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Simon Denscombe writes:
Two quickies
Q:Why do the British drink warm beer?
A:Because they like it?

I was at the pub yesterday - it was nice and cold.

Q:WRONG. It's because they have Lucas refrigerators.

Actually what you call beer, we call Lager (fizzy stuff for little boys who
usually drink shandy) and what we call 'real ale' beer is a dark coluor with
an 'aquired taste' Developed with Lucas refridgerators in mind, it's usually
drunk just below room temperature. This stuff ferments in the stomach at body
temperature too!

The torpedo story? Got to hear this (surely it's not the one about the manned
Kamikaze torpedos?)

Jon

What's a Lucas Refrigerator anyway?  I thought Lucas made car batteries.

Q:What's the motto of the Lucas Electric Works?
A:A good day's work and home BEFORE DARK!
Maybe later I'll tell the Torpedo Story

I don't get it.

Carbon 60