 Off-Topic / Fun / 457
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 05:31:36 GMT

Jasper Janssen <janssenjasper@hotmail.com> wrote:
comp, a Modified big tower case with both AT and ATX powersupplys, a

Cool.  Why both power supplies?  You running a dozen HD's in there or
something?  Sounds interesting.

random AGP/100 socket7 motherboard with sound onboard, a Intel
166/MMX, 64 megs of RAM, by N-cube, with 9.5 years more warranty
left,

Mrmmm?  N-cube?  You mean the ram has a 10 year warranty or does
N-cube make something else?

A buddy showed me a website once of a company that makes cube-shaped
cases - pretty large and cool looking, but hellaciously expensive.

a Matrox G200 OEM, a random PCI 10 Mb ethernet card, errrmmm.... • well,
I guess that's about it. I keep getting more stuff integrated :)

Almost regretting my Marvel G200-TV.  Video capture and tv tuner is
great and I really wouldn't want to live without it, especially now
that I have a 19" monitor, but Matrox has really dropped the ball
drivers-wise.  Still waiting for the promised NT4 support as well.
I'll probably dump this card for an ATI if they bring out an
all-in-wonder version of their upcoming Rage Fury 128.

I suppose I could use a K6/300 or 350... but well, money's run out :)

Yeah, K6-2 would be your best choice for more power if you want to
stick with that socket7 motherboard.

And besides, I run Free Agent, Netscape Internet Explorer, and zMUD.
that's just about it. :) Who needs processing power :)

You need more power if you want to run Lego software.  :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide