 Off-Topic / Fun / 4320
    Re: Telemarketers can bite my cuticle (Was: Informal WB Store Survey) —John Neal
    (...) My stock phrase uses a few more big words to thwart generally illiterate solicitors: "I apologize, but this household's policy prevents patronization of telephone solicitation." Usually, they give up in a rather dazed and confused manner. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Telemarketers can bite my cuticle (Was: Informal WB Store Survey) —Matthew Wilkins
   (...) After I was bored out of my mind and read my state's Public Utilities Commission rules for telephone solicitors (they're probably in the front part of your phone book), I would answer calls I knew to be telephone solicitors, just to let them (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)