 Off-Topic / Fun / 4057
Re: origins of "Fibblesnork"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:11:41 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:FnzEED.EFs@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
So "fibblesnork" is either a pig that tells mostly-trivial lies, or • perhaps
a verb meaning "to make a snorting sound in an untruthful or misleading
way".

LOL!!!

I just liked the way the 'bble' sounded.  I've always liked words like
"rubble" (Barney Rubble) and "bubble", and there supposedly was a video
game by Toru Iwatani (the creator of Pac-Man) named "Libble Rabble."

A friend of mine actually came up with the word in 1989 (as a suggestion • for
a last name), except that he said "Fiddlesnork" or "Fiddlesnort" (I can't
remember which) and not "Fibblesnork."  I liked it better with the b's • than
the d's, so I changed it to "Fibblesnork" and started using the pseudonym
"Todd Fibblesnork" on reader-response mail that I filled out at work, to • see
how many mailing lists I'd get on after filling out just one card (I • circled
all the numbers on that one card).  I got stuff mailed to me from dozens • of
companies for more than 6 years from that one card.  :)  When it came time
to make a LEGO product guide in 1995-6, it seemed like a fun name to use • for
that.

--Todd

I remember a message (in RTL or here?) that gave me a big laugh, which
stated that Todd might found the word "fibblesnork" while busy in WC after
eating enough "über garlic pickles" ..:-) (inspiration is obvious, right?)

Selçuk