 Off-Topic / Fun / 3512
Re: Got my Battle Droid!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:05:22 GMT

John Gerlach <john.gerlach@bestbuy.com.nospam> wrote in message
news:FLEqJp.Avz@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Karim Nassar writes:
According to english spelling rules it is possible to spell "fish" as • "ghoti"

see if you can figure that one out! :)

--Karim (Kah-reem)

"gh" as in "rough"
"o" as in "women"
"ti" as in "motion"

JG

It's way beyond my imagination. Thinking that in our language not two
letters with their own sounds (vowels) can be placed side by side in a
single syllable (like "fool") and two of consonants could be placed side by
side (2 at most) in a very few cases, gives a valid explanation to this
"lack of imagination" case..:-).

Selçuk