 Off-Topic / Fun / 3475
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:06:55 GMT

Talk about a blast from the past... I remember my first computer being a
Timex Sinclair, it had little chiclet keys, very little memory.. and you
had to program it to do anything because it didn't seem like there was
anything written for it.. It saved everything to normal tape recorder
and it was always a pain to find the prg you wanted to load.  I then
Graduated at age 11 to a Commodore Vic 20, again still with tape drive
and 300 baud modem, though the Donkey Kong game cart I got for it is
still the BEST graphics I've ever seen for the game outside of the orig
Arcade game!! Then of course, I got the Commodore 64, used the tape deck
from the Vic... and I got a 1200 baud modem which was supposed to be the
fasted a modem would EVER go! I still remember the day I brought home
that old 1541 Disk drive for it, I thought it was the best thing on the
earth, no more searching on tape for your prg!!! I never got a Hard
drive for it. Then I got my best machine, which I still have to do this
day.. the Commodore Amiga!!! which does more with 8 meg of ram than a PC
with 128 meg, and only has a 350 meg SCSI drive attached to it, which is
only about 1/8 of the way filled with 100's of prgs. Then the trend of
PC's... first 286 then 386 then 486 dx2-66 dx2-80 dx2-100 dx2-120.. and
Pent came next.. 100 (x2) 166 266 300 400.. I have every one of them
besides the 286 I sold that long ago.. and until the time comes I can't
get any software for a Pent system... I'm not upgrading anymore!!!

I can see when we tell our kids about all this they are going to think
we are nuts!
When we were younger, we didn't have Web sites, we spent all our time
cruising BBS's
and downloading files at 300 baud...

--
Keep on Bricken'