 Off-Topic / Fun / 3454
  Re: Age average

(...) We got our first computer in the early '80s and it was an Apple IIe, a "portable" computer. I thought it was so cool! I only remember 3 games from it, a Lord of the Rings game, Oregon Trail, and an early Sierra game called "Mark's Tale" or (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Age average

(...) remember (...) . (...) I remember in the late 80s, when most folks had Apples or Comodore 64s, my buddy got an Atari computer (can't remember the model) that had 2 meg of RAM. We thought that was so huge. "You'll never need to store anything (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Age average

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes: <snip!> (...) By what must be an absolutely stunning coincidence, I actually read that (or something virtually indentical) in a book today. But then, that might be because I'm re-reading the Lensman (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Age average

(...) I have to agree, I can't leave a used-bookstore empty-handed if they have any old sci-fi in there. There's something refreshing about its optimism and imagination, especially the 50s-60s era. Unfortunately modern sci-fi tends to reflect recent (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Age average

(...) They already are laughable. Those silly Starfleet crewpeople -- they have a computer they can *talk* to, and they spend all day punching *buttons* on hideously arcane virtual consoles. The best pilot interface for the Enterprise look (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)