 Off-Topic / Fun / 3455
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:37:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.people, Eric Kingsley writes:

About 2 years latter we upgraded it to have a 10 meg hard drive.  I clearly
remembering saying "How could you ever use up 10 Meg's!!" :).  I also • remember
my father saying that it was very expensive like around $5,000 or more.
Needless to say computers were not commonplace in homes until probably the
late '80s or early '90s when hardware prices started to fall.

I remember when my dad got a 386 with a 120 Mb hard drive.  All my friends
thought it was so cool, 'cause it was top of the line at the time!

.
"I remember when we didn't have home computers"

I can't say that.  Though I can say, "I remember when all the memory a
computer had was 640K!"

I remember in the late 80s, when most folks had Apples or Comodore 64s, my
buddy got an Atari computer (can't remember the model) that had 2 meg of RAM.
We thought that was so huge. "You'll never need to store anything on disk! You
can just keep typing BASIC programs into it forever and you'll never use up
that memory!"

Chris