 Off-Topic / Fun / 338
    Re: A new diesel by Ben —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) It's not available. Metroliners are named trains that only run on the Northeast Corridor (Boston to Washington DC via NYC). They are electric, and are an outgrowth of the old Budd RDC equipment. If you're in Illinois you'll be behind diesels. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: A new diesel by Ben —Richard Dee
   (...) Well, they are a bit bigger, and the scale would be a bit different! You could get what, 6 people-figs as opposed to 2 minifigs abreast in one? Don't ride much in trains, just wish I had a more interesting journey than through central (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: A new diesel by Ben —Jesse Long
   Richard Dee wrote in message ... (...) I don't know about the east side of the Czech Republic, but the Dresden to Prague leg was pretty. Of course, a lot depends on what you like to look at. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: A new diesel by Ben —Richard Dee
   (...) The Budapest/Prague run seemed to mainly go through old strip-mines, industrial wastelands, and uninteresting stretches of farmland. What was fascinating was the Budapest train station. We didn't have the money for a hotel, and chose to spend (...) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)