 Off-Topic / Fun / 3317
  Re: Sesame Street King Ernie (was: Re: Castle returns for 2000!)

(...) Arg. You can't be serious. Really?!? Arg. Those old skits were the best. Oh, well. I figured the show (and anything Muppet) would go all to hell after Jim Henson died. Frank Oz is a good director, and makes a nearly sexy piggie, but he really (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Sesame Street King Ernie (was: Re: Castle returns for 2000!)

(...) Yup. At least one skit I know of for sure, (the Amazing Mumphert & the disappearing pineapple trick skit) was pulled quite a while ago because it <paraphrase warning> 'encouraged a lack of responsibility and a disregard for consequences' It's (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Storyteller Series (Re: Sesame Street King Ernie)

(...) I was quite excited to see that they are finally releasing some of the episodes of the Storyteller series on video (saw a couple at amazon.com). I never had cable but my sister had taped part of the episode where the soldier catches "death" in (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Sesame Street King Ernie (was: Re: Castle returns for 2000!)

(...) Oh, yeah, the Creature Shop is so cool! Have you seen Farscape? I think the aliens in that show are *so* much better than those in Star Trek and Star Wars. Anyone remember "The Dark Crystal"? I love that movie! I heard Jim Henson's son is (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  (canceled)

  Re: Sesame Street King Ernie (was: Re: Castle returns for 2000!)

(...) The show's starting to grow on me. Like a fungus... :-, I was *so* excited to see it at first, and was bitterly disappointed, but it's gotten much better IMO. But yeah, the aliens, and even just the on-face prosthetics, are way cool. I'd like (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)