 Off-Topic / Fun / 3304
Re: Star Wars is both sci-fi and fantasy (was: Re: Science fiction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:52:26 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> writes:
[...]
2.  Sidenote -- some of what is categorized as horror really is science
fiction as well.  A *good* example is The Stand by Stephen King.  It has all
the good stuff: Man vs. Everything.  :-,
What main category would you say The Sixth Sense was?  To me, it was only
very slightly horror, and mostly a romantic love story and a psychological
thriller.

I'd say thriller first, guy-romantic (as opposed to chick-flick-romantic :-)
second.  Not really horror per se, just uses some props.  For fear of spoiling
the plot, I can't say much more than that.  :-,

If anyone out there hasn't seen it yet, go see it already.  *Twice*.  It's a
damn good movie.

Cheers,
- jsproat

It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
               It's the same log.  It's the same log.  It's the same log.