 Off-Topic / Fun / 3212
Re: Picture of Falcon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:34:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Mark Lindsey writes:
[...]  My God that Falcon was a pile of human detritus.  [...]

    "She'll make point five past light speed.  She may not
     look like much, but she's got it where it counts.
     I've made a few special modifications myself."
                                             Han Solo, Ep4

I agree that there's quite a bit to puke about, but at least this model is
recognizable as our favorite flying hamburger, and we'll probably get four
large gray dome bottoms and tons of other interesting elements in the set.
I think the worst thing is that ring of bricks encircling the top quad-laser
cannon, but hey -- four gray macaroni bricks!  Still, I wonder how Luke and
Han could possibly see out past that 4x4 plate in the center?

So, what's the stud count on this puppy, anyway?  I count 38 wide by 48
long -- that's really not too bad, is it?

If they can just fix up the turrets and add a little more detailing on the
curved dome portions, it won't really be that bad.

--Todd

p.s.  Oops, my first reply to this went into the wrong newsgroup.  I didn't
realize I was following up on something in .off-topic.fun.  I cancelled that
article, and this one is targeted at .starwars...