 Off-Topic / Fun / 2881
Re: Anyone receive a Y2K report card yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:03:58 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Sproaticus wrote:
Has anyone received their Y2K report card (1) yet?
I thought you had to be a country to get one of these?
Sorry, Sproat, being from a different planet or alternate reality (not
sure which it is in your case) doesn't count.

Yeah, but we're talking about the STATE DEPARTMENT here.  Alternate reality
by definition!  ;-)

1 - The Elements of Style, by Strunk. Timeless. Highly recommended for
anyone who wants to be a Writer (2).

Aw, jeez, I knew I should've kept this after ENGL-1220.

Cheers,
- jsproat

He stands...like some sort of...PAGAN GOD or DEPOSED TYRANT.  Staring out
over the city he's sworn to...to stare out over...  And it's evident...just
by looking at him...that he's got some PRETTY HEAVY THINGS ON HIS MIND.
- Ben Edlund, 1996