 Off-Topic / Fun / 2175
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 05:01:27 GMT

Jeremy Dailey wrote in message ...

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
John Neal wrote:

John DiRienzo wrote:

(...)

... and two wrongs still don't make a
right.

(...)
But 3 lefts do;-)

The man obviously has never been anywhere NEAR Boston. Sometimes it only
takes 2, sometimes it takes 5, and sometimes you just can't get there
from here.

...and to make a left turn, you have to have an item run interference for
you, whether it be pedestrian, ambulance, or homeless man pushing a • shopping
cart...

Or other car...

Now Boston driving isn't THAT bad... I've never had an accident in Boston
(near Boston, yea, a couple)...

Another fun one people "discover". There are lots of lights where there are
fewer lanes on the other side of the light than the side you start on. One
time when driving a bunch of people to a science fiction convention in a
friends mini-van, I was at such a light. The light turned green. I went. All
of a sudden there was a GASP from the passenger seat. I asked what happened,
and the owner of the van, who was sitting in the back seat on the passenger
side, said nonchalalantly, "Oh, you just cut off a cab." The Boston driving
style really isn't "aggressive", it's "assertive", my friend, while not from
Boston, is also of the "assertive" school.

Anyone going to Boston for the first time should look for a cute little
book, "The Boston Driver's Handbook". It's a little out of date now, but
still has some good tips (the left turn maneuver discussed above is called
"shielding", usually you turn left at the same time the sucker in front of
you turns left. The advanced form of the maneuver has you also PASS the
person in front of you - I've done this once when I was behind a real slow
poke).

Frank
(who learned to drive in and around Boston)