 Off-Topic / Fun / 2003
Re: Help ID door pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 01:13:15 GMT

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:11:47 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

Terry K wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:52:33 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Martyn de Lange writes:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
They had to have come from something else, I never had that set... granted,
that doesn't mean they might not have.. though I don't have any of the • other
parts from that set.. much less 2 of them.. other than typical common • parts..
bricks.. antenna's.. Some of my olders stuff I have yet to indentify where • it
came from..
Tamy

Maybe a yard sale then.  The only Sets to come with White sliding doors were
6377 and 7838.  And as far as I can tell 6377 is the only set(1) to come • with
red runners.

Jeff

I'm pretty convinced basic set 720 had them too.

Cheers,

Martyn

Nope, no sliding doors in that one.  I had a friend that had that set, and I
don't remember him owning any white sliding doors.  They're not in the
instructions, either.

Jeff

I have that set as well (720) and I agree, it is not in the instructions.
But I do have 3 of the white doors.
One is from the 6377 I have (along with one blue airplane tail).
But where the other two came from, I have no idea.  I have absolutely no
recollection of having a set 7838.  The picture on Pause stirs no memories.
I had never had any train sets until very recently.

And they are not from auctions or yardsales.  My yardsale finds are miniscule.
And I really doubt I had 3 copies of set 6377.  I was damn lucky to get one.

I am scratching my head over this one.

Perhaps you've stumbled on one of the incredibly rare self-replicating
Lego parts....

Damn!  I just went back there an now there are over 192 of the pieces!  I am
now looking up the number for the CPC (The Center for Plastic Control).
This looks like a full-blown outbreak.

-- Terry K --