 Off-Topic / Fun / 1776
Re: Off Topic: New location for Austalia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 11:11:01 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <374768C2.7F7E5042@voyager.net>...
Where's off-topic.qotd when you need it. This is a classic! The subject
makes one think that the continent has went on a walkabout.

You'd be surprised how often it happens. NZ's continent is actually
Pacifica, as it's mostly on the Pacific plate. Bits are on the
indoaustralian plate tho.

Technically correct, yes. But I had this vision of OZ up and moving
thousands of miles overnight.

based on the US convention of state.locality.town naming I believe,
as there are lugnet.loc.us.xvd.cye.gd names in there, for
places I don't know about or recognise the abbreviations for.

We don't by convention use locality in our formal addresses, that's a UK
thing. Todd introduced it here for whatever reasons in a few cases but
most of the loc groups are just state.town at the end.

If you want to be picky, Australia should be lugnet.loc.nz.west-island.syd

You can take the boy out of NZ but you can't take the NZ cockiness out
of the boy. :-)

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.