 Off-Topic / Fun / 1775
Re: Off Topic: New location for Austalia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 08:44:33 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <374768C2.7F7E5042@voyager.net>...
Where's off-topic.qotd when you need it. This is a classic! The subject
makes one think that the continent has went on a walkabout.

You'd be surprised how often it happens. NZ's continent is actually
Pacifica, as it's mostly on the Pacific plate. Bits are on the
indoaustralian plate tho.

Jamie Obrien wrote:
As Subject, wqould it be possible to get a lugnet.loc.au for
australia, or even an lugnet.loc.au.nz for australia and new zealand.

That would be Australasia, or as it's more properly known, Anglonesia.
So lugnet.loc.aus.au or lugnet.loc.ang.au are the correct names for
Australian groups. Thankfully we have Todds alternate-universe naming
instead, featuring lugnet.loc.nz.auk and lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd

based on the US convention of state.locality.town naming I believe,
as there are lugnet.loc.us.xvd.cye.gd names in there, for
places I don't know about or recognise the abbreviations for.

If you want to be picky, Australia should be lugnet.loc.nz.west-island.syd

Moz