 Off-Topic / Fun / 1769
Re: Asset Stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 19:27:55 GMT

I can top that story. At a certain client, nameless, thanks, not my
current one...

someone nicked out the entire contents of a PC. Left the case. Hapless
user tried to turn it on. Not much useful happened. Took a while for
this user to figure out that the fact that no lights came on must mean
something.

Service was called, discovered that the case was empty. Some
cluelessness charges were lodged against the user at that point.

Suggestion made to replace the computer entirely and put the case in
stock. Nope. That would require capital. So they replaced the computer
one part at a time starting with the mother board since their internal
rules said you can't replace more than one part at a time. Also, they
paid the core charge for not returning the bad part (the parts were
supplied by an outside vendor)

When all was said and done, this org spent 12,000 (between the parts
prices and the service charges and the core charges) to replace a 1500
dollar computer.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.