 Off-Topic / Fun / 11564
Re: Sticker background color (request to Standards Committee)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:39:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
ps: I managed to get ldraw.exe working on my 64bit vista box using 'DOSBox',
some retro fun right there :)

That's impressive retro computing :D

That is why we should stick to the 8.3 length parts file name convention :-)

Even I have given that issue up now. :) I'd say we make a utility program that
converts long names and references to them to 8.3 names, for the few special
occations that will be necessary.

Snip

Do you have an idea how that should work?
The only thing I can imagine is that the whole library has to be made for that
case as there are maybe references that has more than 8.3 filenames. And the
result could not be shown on other systems that has the normal library
installed.

Or did I miss something?

cu
mikeheide