 CAD / 17585
Re: Sticker background color (request to Standards Committee)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:58:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Please find here http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/190315a.dat a
suggestion to allow use of main color (16) for background of stickers...

Philo

Our current spec (http://www.ldraw.org/Article339.html) says:
"The pattern is on the top face; the other (five) sides of the box correspond to
main background color of the sticker pattern (i.e. the predominant color of the
pattern at its edges). If there isn't a predominant color at the edges of the
sticker, the actual color of the sticker material should be used instead
(usually white)."

As there are many discussions about just the color of the box I think it is a
good idea to have that in color 16. We allows this already for transparent
sticker. The pattern portion (whole top surface) has of course to be build by
fixed colors (except transparent stickers).
We often talk about the freedom of building and coloring that is possible with
LDraw System of Tools. So why not here too?

cu
mikeheide