 Off-Topic / Fun / 11563
Re: Sticker background color (request to Standards Committee)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:36:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
ps: I managed to get ldraw.exe working on my 64bit vista box using 'DOSBox',
some retro fun right there :)

That's impressive retro computing :D

That is why we should stick to the 8.3 length parts file name convention :-)

Even I have given that issue up now. :) I'd say we make a utility program that
converts long names and references to them to 8.3 names, for the few special
occations that will be necessary.

I'm able to run ldraw fully native, on a still operational PC with MS-DOS
operating system.

Wow! That's so utterly cool. I'm able to run SimLego on some Win7 systems but
not on the majority I've tried it. I think it's screen resolution that causes
most problems, and aspect ratio. I've never gotten it to work on dual or triple
monitor PC's.

/Tore