 Off-Topic / Fun / 11288
Re: Bricking Bavaria Report: Day 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:41:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Didier Enjary wrote:
   In lugnet.events, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Joe Meno wrote:

Hey, I spot my 4 favorite Germans! :-)

Karlsberg, Paulaner, Beck’s and Heineken ?

lol. Actually, I was referring to humans: Herr TwinAlpha, Herr Beneke, Herr Matthes, and Herr Lugnet (although that might not actually be Ben)

BTW, how does one say “snot” in French?

“morve” is the best translation IMHO. “mucosités” (mucus) could also fit I guess. (The AFOL term “SNOT” is not translated and we use the english term.)

Boue On,

“Boue” is mud and I guess it does not fit. :-). Morve On is right and the mix of the french term and english suffix sounds really weird. For fun french could say “vas-y, morve” (go snot) or “morve un bon coup” (let have a good snot) when doing SNOT. All that so disgusting - let’s have a beer :-)

Didier

JOHN