 Off-Topic / Fun / 10712
Re: Shrek 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 15:11:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Terry Prosper wrote:
Spoilers...
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
How on earth was the Pinocchio scene "wrong"?

If I have to explain, you probably wouldn't understand anyway.  The premature
sexualization of our youth is one of the biggest evils of our society.

And why should the man get to
obey the woman's desire more than the opposite?  Fiona loved Shrek as an Ogre
and Shref loved himself as an Ogre.  Why should he have changed for her more
than the opposite?

Why did anyone have to change?  Kind of a mixed-racial message, no?

I was thinking about Fiona's family about whom she (and the writers)
conveniently forgot.

[JOHN]