 Off-Topic / Fun / 10585
    Re: Text-based Adventures —Chris Phillips
   (...) Ah, Colossal Cave Adventure. Still one of the greatest computer games of all time. Back in the days before frame rates and polygon counts dictated what made a "good" game. Back when most of the action happened in the mind's eye. If you're (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Text-based Adventures —Andrew Engstrom
     (...) Thanks for the input, guys. I'll keep those tips in mind. I've had only limited experience directly related to TBG's, but I think I can use some of my Starship and CCA experience (URLs, respectively: (URL) especially for that last suggestion, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Text-based Adventures —Matthew Miller
     (...) This works especially nicely when there's multiple ways to solve the various problems -- if, instead of carrying water in a jar one can trick the sky king into making it rain, and instead of keeping the barefoot elves out one can give them (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Text-based Adventures —Ross Crawford
   (...) (URL) (you'll need advent.pl and advent.dat, which is unchanged from the original). You'll also probably need an antiquated version of Perl - I wrote that on an old Sun box, running Perl 4 point something. ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)