 Off-Topic / Fun / 10585
  Re: Text-based Adventures

(...) Ah, Colossal Cave Adventure. Still one of the greatest computer games of all time. Back in the days before frame rates and polygon counts dictated what made a "good" game. Back when most of the action happened in the mind's eye. If you're (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Text-based Adventures

(...) Thanks for the input, guys. I'll keep those tips in mind. I've had only limited experience directly related to TBG's, but I think I can use some of my Starship and CCA experience (URLs, respectively: (URL) especially for that last suggestion, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Text-based Adventures

(...) This works especially nicely when there's multiple ways to solve the various problems -- if, instead of carrying water in a jar one can trick the sky king into making it rain, and instead of keeping the barefoot elves out one can give them (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Text-based Adventures

(...) (URL) (you'll need advent.pl and advent.dat, which is unchanged from the original). You'll also probably need an antiquated version of Perl - I wrote that on an old Sun box, running Perl 4 point something. ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)