 Off-Topic / Fun / 10505
Re: Brickshelf poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:53:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Mark Riley wrote:

Curious you can't just post this in plain old lugnet.off-topic, seeing as how
it's off-topic for any of the off-topic subgroups...  :-)

There currently is no group called off-topic without a suffix. LUGNET newsgroup
hierarchy does not require the existance of the supergroup before subgroups can
exist...

Hence my cross-posting to lugnet.admin.suggestions...  'Tis not the first time
I've run across this situation.  If posting to the supergroup seems suboptimal,
how about adding this subgroup as a catch all:

lugnet.off-topic.posts-that-are-so-off-topic-we-cant-be-bothered-with-having-a-subgroup-for-them

Of course, creating the group would make it instantly obsolete...  :-D

Mark