 General / 43472
Re: Brickshelf poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:51:18 GMT

Kevin & All,

In lugnet.general, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
I just went to Brickshelf & found the latest poll surprising.  Kevin, I hope
you're OK.

I'm ok but several people in our local club were recently diagnosed
as diabetic.  I'm trying to raise awareness of the disease because
in the case of Type II (the most common) it is believed to be preventable.

I see. I don't have it, but my wife, she's a pharmacist at Osco Drugs
(Albertsons), just passed the test to become a official certified Diabetes
Councilor. She has been training for this about a year now, and has been
advising people that come into the pharmacy about Diabetes, and I have learned
some about it. Type II can be preventable. Thanks goes to Kevin to try to raise
awareness of this.

FUT: off.topic.fun?

Sincerely,
Scott S.