 Off-Topic / Fun / 10274
Re: emoticons ;)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Koudys writes:
It was one of my first experiences with, what was then known as BBS's--

I printed out a list (5 pages of fanfold printed off a 9 pin Panasonic
connected to my Commodore 64) of smileys--

I may still have it somewhere in a binder

[snip] good ones!

Ahh, the good ol' days....

Are you the guy who people referenced with something like that on RTL back
in the day? I recall Todd telling me about someone spitting out a bunch of
smilies like that, or maybe he did it himself as well. Back when I was just
a whippersnapper!

-Tim

Here's the sad part of the story--

Dave (I shall now refer to myself in the third person--Calvin the Bold! :)
), who has had a website since '94, who has had an e-mail address since
'90ish, who had his own BBS up back in the 64 days (around 1984ish--at the
time Pocket Modem--90 baud--Ooooohhhh!!  ANSI Grafix--Wow!)...didn't know
about rtl at all, until rtl was basically abandoned in favour of LUGNET.

Oh well.

:-(
*sigh*

Dave K