 Off-Topic / Debate / 9913
  Re: Can I bring up Lego in off-topic? :-)

(...) I wouldn't either, but it is kind of a nice view of the future, I think maybe that's why some people are really into it. All in all though if you monitor the space building group you won't find anything even remotely as accurate and well built (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can I bring up Lego in off-topic? :-)

(...) I guess it sorta depends on what you're copying, I find when I make something that's modeled after something else it's easier because I don't really have to get creative, just work out angles, sizing, etc, as you mentioned. When I make stuff (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can I bring up Lego in off-topic? :-)

(...) People always copy real prototypes with their Lego, being a copy of a real thing doesn't affect how good it is. If it's a copy of a prototype you rate it on how good is it as a model and then how accurately the model portrays the prototype. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)