 Off-Topic / Debate / 9895
9894  |  9896
Subject:
A washed-out Robert (Was: Robert gets to invalidate logic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 17:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Robert Bevens writes:
*sigh*...just...nevermind, my intellect has obviously been wasted
here.  : \
It's times like this when I wish we could score articles as "Troll" and
"Obvious ego autoflagellation" like on Slashdot...  :-P
Well, we can't... but we CAN spotlight stuff we agree with. You got my vote
on this one, Brother Sproat.

Wow, cool, thanks Brother Lar.  Keep the flattery up, you might make a
Larritarian out of me yet!  ;-)

I'm noticing (and I'm sure it's been observed before) that these kind of
noisemakers come in cycles, but only last a short time.  Burn brightly but
shortly, and all that.  After a brief bout of getting their various kicks
from name-calling and sundry antisocial activities, they start losing the
attention they crave.  The ones that have any capacity of learning and
compassion might stay and become members of a community, while the rest take
up their stakes and move on to another crowd to flick boogers at.

This whining pest of a man started out playing nice, but it'd be hard for
most people to give him any kind of respect after he's degraded himself so
*badly*.  (The trick to being an effective pain in the tuckus is to not
over-do it in one week.)  I've seen some good trolls before, people who have
exhibited a sharp mental acuity and a quick wit.  Those kind of people can
make people react so well due to their capacity of empathy and understanding
of the human equation; they know when to turn it down.  Contrary to his own
beliefs, Robert is no such kind.  I'm pretty sure that in person he can be
pretty easy-going and nice, and only really reveals his dark side over the
internet.  Even rank sociopaths can be kind and charming in person, as long
as they get to torture small animals in private.  But what worth is it to us
to let him stay?  (I mean that honestly -- sometimes you need to take the
garbage out.)

I'm willing to bet all the quarters in my pocket that Robert will not stay,
rather he will move on, not quite sure why this experience left him
friendless and unadorned.  Any takers?

Cheers,
- jsproat

FUT -> .admin.general, though I'm giving ol' Knob Bob a 50/50 chance he'll
respond in .debate...