 Off-Topic / Debate / 9780
Re: Alien races
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:36:38 GMT

Ryan Farrington wrote:

  Science indeed deals with observable phenomena, but it deals also with
phenomena that can be observed indirectly, be it through a particle
accelerator or through an examination of the fossil record.
  Just so I'm clear on your views, how old do you believe the Earth to be?

     Dave!

I believe the earth to be young, about six to ten thousand years old.  There
have been many scientists who have examined the fossil record and found it
to fit just as well in the context of a young earth as in an old one.  Also,
there are numerous indirect evidences for a young earth, such as the buildup
of salt in the oceans.  If the earth was extremely old, the seas might be
filled with salt!  But anyway, about 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

--Ryan

Ryan, could you please inform us about your profession/occupation? Just
wondering. I never think that science is a matter of "beliefs", so I
just wanted to learn which "facts" do you have under your "scientific
belief", and how can you obtain them.

Selçuk