 Off-Topic / Debate / 9721
Re: Alien races
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:17:45 GMT

Dave Schuler:
  Don't go too deeply, though; it's more of a thought experiment than a • subject
demanding a debate!

Don't worry, it's not as complicated as I thought it would be...

If that were the case, God also told man to fill the earth and rule it.
That would mean that we have dominion over all the planets and places
where aliens might reside. :)

  But that's missing my hypothetical point; if "aliens" are also created
in His image (ie: capacity for Grace/Salvation), then "man" is already
filling those places and ruling them.

Oh, yes, good point.  I hadn't thought of that.

Now the Biblical argument.  I will have several premises and then a
couple questions, assuming for now that aliens exist.

1.  God created man and aliens in His image
2.  Man chose to sin;  aliens (which God created perfect) are still perfect
3.  God punished man by cursing the universe, causing it to run down;
aliens wonder why things don't work as well any more.
4.  Death now exists--man dies

Now does death come to the aliens?  If so, they don't deserve it at all and
it would be very cruel of God to allow this to happen.  If not, still the
aliens don't even deserve to have to live in a universe where things break
down.  God is a loving God and would not do that to them.

--Ryan