 Off-Topic / Debate / 9548
    Re: Music while building —Jennifer Clark
   (...) Interesting - personally I listen to music that sounds good to my ears. I find the notion that because you are X you must listen to a certain type of music odd - for example, as a Scottish person I don't feel any great compulsion to listen to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Music while building —James Simpson
   (...) I think your above point pretty much nails it: bands that consciously try to imitate the sound/success of others usually are 1) not very good, and 2) always lagging behind the market. As you said, bands that are just themselves regardless of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)