 Off-Topic / Debate / 9505
Re: An Apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 02:20:45 GMT

Eric Sophie wrote:

Rec'vd and duely noted, I must say for All to know, Mladen sent me a private
e-mail apologizing for misdeeds done, I encouraged him not to fret and that
I too was a little at fault, However, and more importantly, I would ask all
the fellow LUGNETers to forgive as well, I ask this for harmony, and if any
of you has respect for anything I have said in the past and or my Creations
on Brickshelf, you will know that I am a recent addition to this forum, and
I don't want to see this kind of thing going on.

Tell you what, I won't step out of line...Whew! You guys were like the
Cavelry! Nobody gets out of line , we all stay with in the limits!
Or you'll be told!

This whole incident reminds me that we should all be understanding that
the written word is sometimes hard to interpret correctly. One thing I
was immediately curious, noticing that Mladen is posting from a Canadian
e-mail address is if he is a native English speaker (realizing of course
that that would most likely only be the case if he was from Quebec)?

I suggest every one try and remember one of the most important rules of
electronic communication:

If you are upset or angered by a post, mark it unread and come back in
an hour or the next day, or whatever, and decide if you are still upset
by the post before posting an angry reply.

I would suggest that several folks in this incident have forgotten that
rule, and thus got their own dander up much more than probably
necessary, and have knocked another hole in potential friendships.

This type of deal is also the biggest reason why I objected to the first
proposal for a place to vent steam. Having a place to rant about TLC is
one thing, but lets keep our ranting about each other to ourselves as
much as possible and then when a real jerk comes along, they will be
quickly recognized as such because they're the only ones slinging mud.
In addition, when the real jerk comes along, perhaps they will go away
quietly after failing to provoke any reaction.

Frank