 Off-Topic / Debate / 928
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 00:52:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Simon Denscombe writes:

Well heterosexual is natural homosexual is not - otherwise people
through all the ages would have been, the only reason why people are
homosexual these days is that it gets into their head and messes with
their mind.

I have stayed out of this debate until now, but this needs a response.  First
off, have you been living in a cave??  I am serious, didn't you ever study
history?

Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of man.  If it wasn't, why
was there a need to mention it in the bible (not that I belive in the it)?

The Greeks were certainly knowledgable of it, in fact embraced it.

Alexander the Great's army consisted exclusively of pairs of homosexual lovers
(including Alexander's lover Hadrian).

I could cite other examples, but these should get the point across.
Homosexuality has always been with us.  In fact, it is only in this century
that it has been shunned by the so-called "christians".

Acknowledged.  Unfortunately since we come from different backgrounds
and cultures our logical thinking is different.  Was you brought up in a
Christian background?  I say this because a lot of USA-people mention
God a lot (maybe it's a stereotype but anyway).

They use god as a crutch to base their fears and ignorance.

I don't think you can dumb it down to lifestyle - it's deadly serious -
the whole thing is making life too complicated - complications make
people think too much and get upset - why won't people just live their
lives and be normal?

Because they don't have a choice.  Living a so-called "normal" life for a
homosexual is totally abnormal.  It is a falsehood to the homosexual and to
everyone that homosexual knows, meets, marries, etc.  Do you realize that the
highest rate of teenage suicide is teenage homosexuals trying to adopt a
"normal" life and not fitting in?  Not knowing what to do?  Fear of being
disowned by their parents, friends and everyone they love.  Fearing for their
own uncertain future as a homosexual because of the rampant discrimination they
see from their familys and others around them towards homosexuals.