 Off-Topic / Debate / 9274
  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: G8CJyH.BCq@lugnet.com... (...) But don't you differentiate between the fact as such and the assumptions and conclusions you draw from it? To my understanding, THERE ARE objective facts (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

(...) There are two levels of mediation: That of the writer, and that of the reader. You and I may agree that Ford being President constitutes and objective fact because our reading (or your writing and my reading) are the same, or similar enough. I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

(...) I think the main point here is that while some things can be objectively stated, their implications may be subject to historical context. For example, say 100 years from now, it would be true to say that Elizabeth II and Henry VIII were both (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)