 Off-Topic / Debate / 8993
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:56:39 GMT

SRC wrote:

Well if by "the religion" you mean what I believe - yes, the
account of creation in Genesis is an integral part of it.

I have always been curious how "literal" readers of the bible
reconcile the 2 different stories of creation in Genesis?

A complex creation doesn't require an intelligent creator?

That is right. I would suggest you take a look a fractal mathematics, and
celluar automata theory to see how very simple rules executed many times,
can create some very complex creations.

That's one of
the things that truly baffles me about people who believe in Darwinism.
If I told you that the <set:8002> sitting (assembled and functional) on
my desk wasn't created by me out of parts created by TLC, (using
instructions created by their staff) but rather that a truck carrying ABS
pellets crashed into a UPS van with some rubber bands and other
items outside my office and the firemen found it amongst the rubble,
you would (rightly) call such a statement absurd.

Unlikely, very unlikely. But definately possible. And if you told me that
there were !many! trucks crashing, and one time you found the model fully
contructed, I would find your staement likely.