 Off-Topic / Debate / 8983
8982  |  8984
Subject:
Concerning Evolution vs. Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:56:24 GMT

IMHO:

Trying to convince anyone that Creation is the truth rather than
Evolution is futile given that:
(a) The Evolutionist does not believe in God in the first place OR
(b) The Evolutionist does not believe in a literal interpretation of the
Bible[1], in which case they do not believe in the same God as I do.

Why?  Because no matter what someone else may say Creationism is a
theory and is FOUNDED on the Biblical record of of the origin of life.

HOWEVER, the same is true of Evolutionism in that today it is
essentially based on the model put forth by Charles Darwin.  (For
dictionary definitions please see http://www.m-w.com and look up
"CREATIONISM" and then "EVOLUTION" (def. 4b))

To address Dave's question "why not both", I encourage the reading of
the following four articles which briefly explain the 3 basic theories
that try to "include both" and coincide with my beliefs:
(A) THEISTIC EVOLUTION -
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c015.html
(B) PROGRESSIVE CREATIONISM -
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c009.html
(C-D) THE GAP THEORY -
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c003.html
     -
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-gaptheory-problems.html

So what is the debate then?

For me, it encompasses 1 major issue:

(1) The generalized acception and even teaching (in tax-funded public
school systems) of Evolutionism as "the only possible Theory" or worse,
emperical science.  Some will (and have here) tried to argue that the
Bible CONTRADICTS modern scientific discoveries, or that the creation
theory is "absurd" at best or even "impossible".  I however, beg to
differ.  Rather than my stating of any particular subjects that
Evolutionists commonly argue I urge you to present any specific topic
that you feel fits this criteria.

[1] By "the Bible" I am not referring to any one modern translation, but
rather the actual manuscripts which are generally accepted by Christians
to be the modern authoritative inspired word of God.  In other words, if
you don't interpret the bible the same way that I do then it is
impossible for me to convince you that I'm right.  PLEASE NOTE: I am far
from having much knowledge at all beyond this in this area.
--
-TiM
NB, CA