 Off-Topic / Debate / 8935
    Re: Why not Both? —Dave Schuler
   (...) In addition, your phrasing answers the very question you pose: "seems to say" explicitly points out the interpretability of the text. Who determines what the book "seems to say"? The natural world "seems to say" that evolution took place, but (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Why not Both? —David Eaton
   (...) Yes, I admit I changed the wording of that sentence after re-reading it, and I must point out that this is important. If the Bible says "day", do we necessarily know the definition of the word "day"? After all, the Jewish day is measured from (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)