 Off-Topic / Debate / 8879
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:05:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
No, evolution didn't happen.

As Sherlock Holmes states - or is attributed to have said,
"After you eliminate the impossible whatever you are left with, however
improbable, must be the answer."

Sherlock is a fictional character, not a scientist (and I suppose I
shouldn't mention Piltdown Man and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the same
breath).  :-O

Way off topic here...
I suppose you thought that I believed the SH was real?  hardly - Piltdown
wasn't either... - But we all know that too.   But he was more of a pig than
SH :-)

-Jon

If it's way off topicn then why do you bring it up?

You suppose incorrectly.  I was pointing out that you were using a fictional
character to attempt to make a scientific point - a character written by the
man who may (or maybe not, lotsa noise, little surety) have been behind the
Piltdown Hoax, the man who wrote "The Lost World", to make a point about
evolution.  I simply find it hugely ironic.  :-)

Bruce

Ah - thanks for the clarification. Now I understand.
I was quoting "Sherlock" only because Sir ACD via Sherlock made an appropriate
statement and I gave him credit.

That's all.
-Jon