 Off-Topic / Debate / 8820
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:20:50 GMT

Evolution is impossible.
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=8797
-Jon

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Jon Kozan wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

In fact the odds are so _not_ with [life's formation] (about 1 in 10 with • 50,
give or take 10, zeros chance) that we could never have come into being
without some other force/being/etc behind it.

Exactly!  And evolution is that force!

  More precisely, where are you getting those figures?  It differs • markedly
from the estimations for number of inhabitable planets in the galaxy, much
less the universe.

(It's Friday, so I have time to do this :-))

Evolution is not a force - it's:
a) a theory, involving
b) random chance

Random chance cannot product life.

Prove it (what's that?  We've said time and time again you can't prove a • negative?)

the odds are just too far much.

And just EXACTLY where are you getting these odds?  Have you calculated them?

Indeed
today's leading edge evolution scientists have either a) ceased discussing • the
random chance and time tenants of evolution since they don't work out; or b)
claim that because they don't, we must have come from an alien race (another
intelligent life form)

We didn't even have to come from an INTELLIGENT life form.  Bacteria/viruses • in
extraterrestrial matter could have evolved into us IF we didn't evolve from • base
elements here.