 Off-Topic / Debate / 8804
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:

You're quibbling.  In that case, Tom might begin, for instance, by
asserting either that God does not exist, or that God does exist, but he
exists in a place physically inaccessible to us.  In either case we cannot
physically travel to God.
Now, I suspect that you, or someone else, will question those two
hypothetical examples of ways God might be impossible to visit physically,
so I ask again that someone provide a demonstrable way in which we can visit
Him.

AAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!  (I had to get that off my chest.)
You're missing the point.

Well, lighten up, because both of the above were hypothetical assertions
under which one might be able to say conclusively that God cannot be
physically visited.  I was *not* categorically stating that God does not
exist.
You're missing the point.You're right, you're just dumping the burden of proof on me(1).  It was Tom that was catagorically stating unsupportable things. You suggested he could use other, equally unsupportable things to support his position, and then turned it around and said that it was up to me to provide a refutation rather than up to Tom to provide a substatiation.  Why are you moving the burden of proof away from the person making unsubstantiated claims?

So, did you snip my arguments to pick a nit because you agree with them,
because you can't refute them, or because you're ignoring them?

James

1: Or rather on "somone", before that nit gets picked.