 Off-Topic / Debate / 8779
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:49:16 GMT

<aside>Tom, are you being deliberately obtuse, being a troll, or just
missing the point?  You appear to be reacting with a degree of hostility
whenever the subject of God comes up.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
James Brown wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
You can't visit God physically.  And I have YET to see a picture of him.

That's an assumption.  Why can't you visit God physically?

Prove you can.  Supposedly you only see God when you die - that's not a
physical visit.
Maybe you want to say you can visit him METAphysically, but don't try to
convince me that you can visit him physically.

I'm not trying to convince you.  Why are you not getting that?  I am trying
to point out to you that you can't catagorically state something is impossible.

500 years ago there was no way to observe the atom, but that doesn't mean
the atom didn't exist, just that the tools to observe it weren't available.
You can't catagorically state things like "you can't physically visit God"
any more than you can catagorically state "you can't observe beyond the
event horizon of a black hole".

Let's see if I can be a bit more specific.  You stated "You can't visit God
physically".  Please provide the arguments that support your conclusion,
instead of trying to turn it around.

<devil's advocate>
I can't visit Brazil physically.  And I have YET to see a picture of it.
</devil's advocate>

Too cheap to buy a plane ticket?

Nice cheap shot.

James