 Off-Topic / Debate / 8692
Re: guns, guns, guns (was: demographics (was: My Gun Control Rant))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:10:18 GMT

Very true. I’d like to add to the list much of the eastern European states
which have “come in from the cold”.

Is it your assertion then, that the changes in government in states such as
the DDR, Poland, Czechoslovokia, Hungary, etc. had nothing whatever to do
with guns, that is, that they were completely non violent, and no guns or
weapons anywhere in the world had any significant influence on their outcome?

That's an interesting thesis, but before I shred it, I want to make sure
it's what you meant. Read up on some of the failed revolutions such as 1956
in Hungary or 1968 in Czechoslovokia first, though.

++Lar