 Off-Topic / Debate / 8613
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 20:56:41 GMT

Scott A wrote:

OK. So who is in the next room? Your kids? Your dog? Your neighbours?

What is your argument....please think about what you've
said....obviously you will analyze that whenever you are in the
situation.  At what point did Larry mention he would fire at any
criminal no matter what the cost....I think you're aware of the layout
of your home and if your child is behind the criminal you're not going
to shoot.

... and what is the bullet bouces of the washing machine?

I'm sorry but obviously you're not terribly aware of the nature of a
moving bullet.

Yep, I do not live in a gun culture.

From previous conversations, you're telling me the
bullet cn go through a wall but not through a household washing
machine?  Think about this for a moment.

I'm pretty sure it could do both. Think about this for a moment.

Hold on a second here!  Who's saying what?????  First you make the
comment that the bullet is going to bounce of the washing machine and
then you agree with me that it could both go through a wall or a washing
machine.....which is what I said in the first place.....so if you
remember the original conversation, you were arguing that using a gun
against a criinal in your house was a bad idea because it could go
through the wall and hit someone.....so what exactly is it going to do
if it goes through a washing machine?  Or are you going to change your
mind again and decide that it will bounce off the washing machine.  I'm
having visions of davy crocket shooting a mug off the top of his head
holding it over his shoulder looking in the mirror aiming a frying pan
here.

--
-TiM
NB, CA