 Off-Topic / Debate / 8607
    Re: My Gun Control Rant —Scott Arthur
    (...) I really would be interested in your justification for making the above comments, or was it just based on ill-informed rumour? If you can show that a UK crime "hot spot" is even comparable to one in your land, I truly will be enlightened. The (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Gun Control Rant —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Well...if people aren't safe, and the system is set up to prevent them from keeping themselves safe, and people generally believe that police keep them safe, then what's wrong with how Larry put it? Obviously it isn't (usually) the cops' (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Gun Control Rant —Scott Arthur
   (...) It is a generalisation, but people in the areas Larry alludes to do not feel part of the "system" - they feel excluded from it. I know from personal experiences, that individuals in these areas are very reluctant to go to the police for help - (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)